Strymon El Capistan dTape Echo *Free Shipping in the US*
When we decided to develop an effects pedal that delivers the sound
and feel of our favorite tape echo machines, we knew we must
relentlessly study and faithfully recreate every last nuance. We spent
months in the Strymon sound design labs with an intense focus on
capturing the warm, saturated, distinctive qualities of tape echo
machines. The result is our hand crafted . Utilizing a ridiculously powerful SHARC DSP, every drop of processing power is harnessed.
El Capistan provides three different tape machine types in one, each
with three unique modes. With ten parameters to tweak, you get extensive
control over tape quality, machine health and tone shaping. Go from the
sound of a pristine, studio-quality tape machine to the heavily
fluctuating sound of a machine in need of service. Get the full bodied
sound of fresh tape all the way to the gnarled qualities of worn out
tape. Because it's DSP driven, you get a range of tape experiences
unattainable with a traditional tape machine. All of this without the
headaches of tape machine maintenance and repair!
- Hand crafted deliver meticulous and nuanced recreations of tape echo systems.
- Three tape machines in one: Fixed (one fixed playback head), Multi (multiple playback heads), and Single (sliding record head)
- Each tape machine has three modes for extremely flexible echo options
- Five tape adjustment and tone shaping knobs: Time, Mix, Tape Age, Repeats, Wow & Flutter
- Five "hidden" knobs for extensive tone tweaking: Tape Crinkle, Tape Bias, Low End Contour, Spring Reverb, +/- 3dB Boost/Cut
- Sound on Sound mode with instant tape splice and bulk erase. A built-in tape-style looper!
Ins, Outs, Switches
- Stereo output
- High impedance mono input (internal jumper enables selectable TRS stereo input) Please for more info on the TRS input.
- Expression pedal input with selectable control over any knob parameter
- Connect our optional to save a favorite preset
- Tap Tempo and Bypass footswitches
- Ultra low noise, high performance 24-bit 96kHz A/D and D/A converters
- 115dB typical signal to noise
- Analog dry path for a zero latency dry signal that is never converted to digital
- Premium analog front end and output section
- Super high performance DSP in a compact form factor
- True Bypass (electromechanical relay switching)
- Selectable "trails" mode with high quality Analog Buffered Bypass
- Press and hold Tap for instant infinite repeats
- Powered with a standard 9V center negative DC supply. 250mA minimum
- Strong and lightweight gunmetal gray anodized aluminum chassis
- Crafted with love in the USA
9V power supply included.