Strymon Riverside Multi-Stage Drive Pedal *Free Shipping in the US*
Riverside is the culmination of a thorough analysis of numerous
analog and vacuum tube circuits. Our goal? To deliver a new world of
harmonically rich, incredibly versatile, tube-inspired drive sounds. We
didn’t want to build just another distortion or overdrive. We knew we
must examine what has been done, and bring a new approach to the world
of drive sounds.
Discover your amp’s potential.
Riverside’s cascading gain stages create harmonically rich tones that
are immensely musical and natural—from silky clean overdrive to
colossal distortion, and all points between. Our analog JFET front-end
ensures that Riverside responds to your guitar with uncompromised
dynamics and feel. The precision crafted DSP generates dynamic
complexity and pleasing harmonics at every stage, letting your amp shine
at any gain level. Riverside takes your amp to places you never knew it
Infinite sweet spot.
Riverside’s continuously variable circuit tuning dynamically tweaks
multiple parameters under the hood so that the sweet spot follows you at
any gain setting. As you turn the Drive knob, Riverside makes
continuous adjustments, tuning the circuit for optimum tone. This
results in an incredibly versatile drive pedal that is equally capable
of providing sparking cleans, mild overdrives, high-gain leads, and
heavy saturated distortions.
Flexibility to adapt to any amp.
Your amp choice has a large influence on the sound of any drive pedal
connected to it. Riverside’s musical 3-band EQ, with independent Bass,
Middle and Treble knobs, is designed to complement your amp’s tone with
the flexibility needed to dial in your sound effectively and
efficiently. The three-position Presence switch tailors the highest
frequencies, allowing Riverside to integrate perfectly with any amp or
setup, no matter how dark or bright.
Digital or analog? We chose both.
The first stage of Riverside’s custom multistage drive topology is
an all-analog, ultra low noise, discrete, class-A JFET circuit. This
gain stage is digitally controlled to maximize headroom while adding as
much as 20dB of pure analog gain, with tight integration to the
subsequent DSP gain stages.
With our hybrid approach you get the best of both analog and digital
worlds: The JFET stage provides exceptional touch sensitivity and
dynamic interaction with your guitar, while the
incredibly powerful SHARC DSP facilitates the great level of detailed
complexity and responsiveness you’ll want to hear.
- Custom cascading multistage distortion topology provides a wide range of tube-inspired drive tones
- Digitally controlled analog class A JFET input gain stage maximizes headroom while adding up to 20dB of pure analog gain
- Precision crafted DSP gain stages provide detailed complexity and responsiveness
- Low gain channel for smooth classic overdrive
- High gain channel for modern saturated distortion
- 3-band EQ with independent Bass, Middle and Treble controls
- Selectable post-analog gain mid-band EQ push
- Presence switch to tailor the sound for use with all amplifiers from dark to bright
- Optional variable-threshold noise reduction helps tame noisy guitar pickups
Ins, Outs, Switches
- High impedance mono input
- Mono output
- Favorite footswitch to save a favorite setting
- Expression pedal input allows the connection an
expression pedal for simultaneous morphing control over multiple
parameters (Expression mode), or logarithmic taper for smooth volume
control (Volume mode)
- Boost pedal input allows connection of an external
footswitch for up to +6dB of analog boost, or to toggle the Favorite
preset on other Strymon pedals (Favorite Out mode)
- Ultra low noise, high performance 24-bit 96kHz A/D and D/A converters provide uncompromising audio quality
- Premium analog front end and output section
- Super high performance SHARC DSP in a compact form factor
- 32-bit floating point processing
- True Bypass (electromechanical relay switching)
- Strong and lightweight anodized gold aluminum chassis
- 9V DC power supply included
- Power requirements: maximum 9 volts DC center-negative, with a minimum of 250mA of current
- 4.5″ deep x 4″ wide x 1.75″ tall
- 11.4 cm deep x 10.2 cm wide x 4.4 cm tall
- Designed and built in the USA